Schedule the Closing Date on Your Calendar
All contingencies are removed and it is officially time to start working, in earnest, toward the closing date.
You will be required to go to the title office (unless you will be out of town or prefer to use a mobile notary service) to sign the necessary documentation. This signing occurs anywhere from a few days to a week prior to closing.
Unless you have a rent back, during which time you will remain in the house past close of escrow, you need to plan to be completely moved out the night before closing occurs.
Additionally, here are a few other things to consider as this date approaches:
- Learn what to do and expect during the escrow process
- Schedule vendors to complete all agreed upon repairs before the property officially changes ownership; be sure to provide all receipts showing proof of completed work to Dawn
- Begin packing and hire movers
- Begin planning on how to ease the transition for your pets
- Set up or transfer utilities and get homeowner’s insurance in place
- Schedule housecleaning services
With all contingencies lifted, now is the time to begin planning your move in earnest. Click here for suggestions and recommendations to make packing and moving easier.