Buyers’ Final Walk Through
Just before closing, the buyers will walk through the house with their agent to make sure the property is in the same condition as it was during inspections. The final walk through takes about 15 to 30 minutes. Dawn or a Team member will attend to address any potential issues and to answer questions. As previously discussed, you should have moved completely out of the home, and had it cleaned for the new owners before the walk through occurs.
These are the things the buyer will be addressing during the walk through:
- Confirm all the appliances are working
- Confirm there was no damage sustained during your move
- Make sure the home and garage is clean and yards tidy
- Ensure that all belongings and debris have been removed
- Ensure any agreed upon items or items that are to remain in the home are accounted for
- Explain home details including the day of the week the trash is picked up, specifics about security systems, irrigation systems, etc.
The walk through will NOT be used as:
- A time for the buyer to start moving into the house
- A time for friends and family see the home
If there are any items that the buyer’s find that require your attention, Dawn will notify you of these so they can be resolved before we close. This could be anything from belongings that have been left behind, something that was damaged in the move, etc.
Once we have received the official word from the title company that the property has recorded and escrow is closed, we will arrange for the buyer to receive the keys to the home. Other important items to give to Dawn or to leave at the house are garage door openers/codes, alarm system codes, and anything else the new owners will need once the property is officially theirs. If you live in a community, there could be mailbox and pool keys, parking passes, specified parking space and mailbox numbers, and the like.
You are almost there! Click here for the very last step in the selling process!