Wrapping Things Up
Now that you are getting settled into your new home, we want to mention a few items that we believe are important. During your home search, we were sending you daily MLS property searches. Of course, now that you have a new residence, we will discontinue these daily emails. But, you may be interested in receiving reports that give you insight into the property values in your new neighborhood. This is a great way to keep a finger on the pulse of your home’s equity as well as its value. If this sounds appealing, please let us know if you prefer monthly, quarterly, or annual reports. We will be happy to get them set up for you.
Another item we recommend is creating a Google alert for your new home or investment property. Scams abound on the Internet and one simple way to protect yourself is to set up Google alerts on your property. These alerts cull from the top 20 new posts based on search terms you specify and they are emailed to you on a daily basis. Although these alerts are not foolproof, they are helpful in keeping rental scams from occurring on your primary residence as well as any other properties you may own.
To set up a Google alert:
- Go to http://google.com/alerts (Google login is required)
- Enter your search terms, such as your property address: “123 Main Street, Anytown CA”
- Choose Everything under types of information to search
- Frequency: Choices are: as it happens, daily, weekly, etc.
- Volume: the number of results in each alert you receive (10, 20, etc.)
- Delivery method: email or RSS feed
Once you’ve moved in, you may find you’d like to do some updates or remodeling. The Dawn Thomas Team has a fantastic list of vendors that we would love to share! Click here if you need a vendor or professional for a home improvement project or repair.