Welcome to the “Zen Retreat” that was recently featured in the Wall Street Journal!
14190 Amherst Court Los Altos Hills
No luxury or expense has been spared in this beautiful Los Altos Hills Zen Retreat! Come and see this one of kind, custom built home that will fill you with happiness and serenity. Truly a work of art that is sure to place your heart and soul in perfect harmony!
Approximately 6,054 square feet of total living space elegantly designed and arranged on a 46,609 square foot flat lot.
A beautiful blend of serene retreat and every modern high-end convenience that offers top-of-the-line finishes for today’s discerning buyers. The Zen Retreat possesses the unique quality of a warm, inviting home environment yet is eloquent by nature. Whether it’s the outdoor cabana that invites you to stay or the view of the backyard oasis beyond the sliding walls; this home has to be seen to be truly appreciated for what it is: A Masterpiece!
At a Glance:
The Main Home: Approximately 5019 square feet on one level
- Four Bedrooms
- Three Full Bathrooms that include custom marble and limestone mosaics, Calcutta slab countertops, walnut cabinetry and limestone floors
- Exquisite Powder Room with a black granite tile floor, honed black granite countertop set atop an antique 18th Century Tibetan vanity completed with a Walker Zanger gold leafed tile wall
- Gourmet Kitchen with: Miele coffee system, Miele warming drawer, Miele Convection/Microwave, Perlick wine refrigerator, LaPerla dual dishwashers, Subzero refrigerator, Viking range/hood, Rohl apron sinks and Rohl faucets
- Breakfast Area
- Laundry with Miele washer and dryer
- Living Room with custom limestone-tiled fireplace
- Dining Room overlooking the gleaming pool
- Family Room with limestone slab fireplace
- Den with built-ins and a custom built-in Tibetan cabinet
- Two Studies
- Three car garage
- Walking paths
- Schools Offered: Lucille M. Nixon Elementary (API 955*), Terman Middle (API 960*), Henry M. Gunn (API 920*)
Guesthouse: Approximately 830 square feet
- One bedroom and one bathroom
- Full gourmet kitchen
- Dining room
- Living room and laundry with walnut cabinetry
- Calcutta slab countertops and stained white oak flooring
The Outdoor Cabana: adds to the magnificence of the Zen Retreat’s backyard oasis
- Featuring approximately 200 square feet of interior space including blacked honed granite countertops, a powder room, limestone flooring, and sauna with an outdoor shower just steps away from your gleaming pool and fountain.
- The outdoor covered area includes a gourmet kitchen, pizza oven, and plenty of space to entertain guests or relax.
SDG Architects – Steve Simpson, AIA
Builder – Behrens-Curry Homes
Interior Design – Sullivan Design Studio
Structural Engineer – MS Engineering
Civil Engineer – Cliff Bechtel & Associates
Geotechnical Engineer and Soils Engineer – Murray Engineers, Inc.
Landscape Architect – Studio Green
Arborist – Kevin R. Kielty
Surveyor – Dan McLeod
Title 24 Compliance – Miles Hancock
Photographer – Bernard André
*API Score Information provided by SchoolandHousing.com. Information and availability should be confirmed by Buyers and their professional agent representation.