Sunnyvale by the Numbers (U.S. Census Bureau):
- Population (2006 est) – 130,519
- Size: 21 square miles
- Number of homes: 53,753
- Home Ownership Rate: 47.6%
- Average commute time: 22.2 minutes
- Sunnyvale School District serves grades K-8. About two-thirds of the students living in the city of Sunnyvale attend this school district.
- Santa Clara Unified School District and Cupertino Union School District also serve some of the K-8 students living in the city of Sunnyvale.
- Fremont High School and Homestead High School in the Fremont Union High School District and Wilcox High School in the Santa Clara Unified School District serve Sunnyvale residents in grades 9-12.
- City of Sunnyvale
- Sunnyvale Chamber of Commerce
- Sunnyvale Sun- the local weekly newspaper
- Sunnyvale City Statistics from City-Data.com
- Sunnvale City Profile – from Wikipedia
- Parks and Recreation
- Sunnyvale Public Library
- Sunnyvale Downtown Redevelopment Information
- Sunnyvale Farmer’s Market – every Saturday 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. All Year.
- St. Patrick’s Day on Murphy’s Avenue – Murphy and Washington Avenues
- Sunnyvale Art and Wine Festival – first full weekend in June
- Summer Series Music and Market – second Wednesday – June through August
- Annual Sunnyvale Howl’oween Pet Parade and Faire – the last Sunday in October
- Holiday and Christmas Tree Lighting and Celebration – first Saturday in December – Murphy and Washington Avenues
Utilities and Services
- Cable: Comcast
- Electricity & Gas: Pacific Gas & Electric
- Water: City of Sunnyvale
- Garbage & Recycling: City of Sunnyvale
- Phone: AT&T
- Police: Sunnyvale Police Department
- Fire: Sunnyvale Fire Department
This blog is courtesy of The Dawn Thomas Team who is an award-winning Real Estate Agent team at Intero Real Estate Services in Los Altos 650-701-7822. We help nice people with selling and buying homes from Palo Alto to West San Jose!