The Dawn Thomas Team likes to bring you activities around the Silicon Valley and this week we have: a great list of Dog Friendly Parks and Trails around the Bay Area! We’ve recently been given a list compiled by other dog owners for you to have fun with your furry children-enjoy!
- Fort Funston in San Francisco (views of the Golden Gate Bridge)-it’s OFF leash
- The Los Gatos trail from Willow Glen to Vasona Park (You can get onto LG trails by parking in lots near Coffee Roasters (on Main), then walk East on Main, over Highway 17, pick up trails on right. Can’t miss them; just follow other dogs with owners, as well as bikes! PS Leashes & poop-bags are mandatory!
- Pulgas Ridge and Thornewood Open Space both allow dogs. Look under Midpeninsula Open Space for more locations.
- Make sure to insure that the trails are still open to dogs before venturing out. http://www.bahiker.com/doghikes.html
- Los Gatos Creek Trail – Suzanne Hunter
- Quicksilver park in Almaden has lots of trails and a couple of lakes.
- East bay/Fremont can hike Mission Hills. Its dog friendly, with cows, wild turkeys, great views. See link for rules: http://www.ebparks.org/parks/mission
- St. Joseph’s Hill
- De Anza Trail out of San Juan Bautista is dog friendly; 3 miles up then back down.
- Carmel beach
- A Great Resource for Dog Friendly things around the Bay Area www.weekendsherpa.com
*List compiled/courtesy of Kathleen Clifford*
This blog is courtesy of The Dawn Thomas Team who is an award-winning Real Estate Agent team at Dreyfus Sotheby’s International Realty in Palo Alto 650-701-7822. We help nice people with selling and buying homes in the greater Silicon Valley and Beyond!